TB-L Archives

March 2003

From:
"Koeddermann, Achim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 18:00:52 -0500
I am strongly opposed to the "objective" pretense of such assessments: we get tricked into becoming a new from of school, and the truly important content of my discipline is only assessable quantitatively if we sacrifice the learning expereince: the essence of a university, its freedom to teach, is in danger if we streamline.  What we will get is more accounting, not accountability.  I hope to be able to teach what counts, without counting: liberty is not to be quantified, as J St. Mill correctly assessed.
Achim Koeddermann