TB-L Archives

January 2004

From:
"Arthur F. Dauria" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:03:34 -0500
Jim,

    There are a number of our faculty who are getting tired of dragging long
and complicated syllabi and handouts to class; and are asking questions
about things like "Blackboard" but they know little or nothing about these
programs.

    Is there some chance that in March we could have a department meeting
and someone who is knowledgeable about this sort of thing to come and give
us the latest information on how all this works?  I think there would be a
good number of people who are interested, but they are at the point where
they don't use anything like this and don't even know what questions to ask
or what programs are possible to what sorts of tasks (For example: what is
the difference between backboard and your own web site? And which one is
more work for the teacher?).

Art