TB-L Archives

September 2004

From:
"<Rick Jagels>" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:08:43 -0400
Jim,

I was being partly facetious, but the CAMP students are required to meet
with their professors once a month and bring an assessment form to that
meeting.  The purpose of the form is to help the student approach the
teacher, help identify areas that the student needs to know are
important and help us track students' performance (yes we have
waivers!-firpa)  My contact with professors and the letterhead identify
the questionnaire as CAMP and the students are not reluctant about
self-identifying. The reason I was only partly facetious is that I place
a heavy emphasis on participation as a behavior that good students
exhibit.  I also encourage students to ask for clarification if they
don't get it.  This years group is enthusiastic and willing and it
occurred to me that I just may have created a monster or two!!
Thanks for asking- the comment did look ouyt of left field compared to
all the useful suggestions that followed!!