TB-L Archives

January 2006

From:
Janet Nepkie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 08:47:11 -0500
Hi, Jim
Thanks for having shared this interesting posting.
The last paragraph seems to echo or reinforce statements you've made during
the past several years.

With regard to who "owns" faculty development, I think that whoever has the
ability to SUPPORT such development certainly has the primary ownership
position.  Our school has a good history, it seems to me, of faculty
development, but we all apply for such support from a person or entity who
either grants that support or denies it.  It would be helpful to know the
faculty development goals of those who are in a position to grant support
for faculty development.

Jim's posting suggests to me that the College Senate might wish to become
more directly involved in issues of faculty development.  Such development
is surely related to the Senate's interest in curriculum.

Again - thanks, Jim
Janet

Dr. J. Nepkie
Professor of Music and Music Industry