TB-L Archives

January 2006

From:
Jim Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 07:37:32 -0500
Tbers,

The dates, times and locations for Teaching Breakfast meetings this spring
2006 are below.  Please mark them on your calendar. Can you also let new
faculty in your department know about the Teaching Breakfast - and invite
them.  If you plan on attending, perhaps you can bring them along.

  Thursday 2/2/06   8-9:30am    Morris Hall 104
  Wednesday 3/8/06   8-9:30am   Morris Hall 104
  Thursday 4/6/06   8-9:30am    Morris Hall 103
  Wednesday 5/3/06   8-9:30am   Morris Hall 104

For our first meeting, on Feb. 2, I have been asked by a few members of the
group to do an overview of what Podcasting is and to show ways it is being
used in teaching.

Looking down the semester road a bit, for our March 8th meeting the
discussion will be on ways to help faculty with workload issues. Many new
faculty struggle with balancing scholarship, service and course loads.  A
session on strategies for dealing with this I'm sure would be useful to the
newer and older in the group.

As always, sends ideas for future TBs to [log in to unmask]

IM:  oneontatltc