TB-L Archives

June 2006

From:
Janet Potter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 16:26:55 -0400
The technology placement idea is interesting.

This spring Academic IT, working with the Educational Technology
Committee, administered a pilot of a technology test developed by the
Educational Testing Service. We're currently awaiting the report. About
65 to 70 people took the test, which is described on the ETS web page as
follows:

"The ICT Literacy Assessment is a comprehensive test of Information and
Communication Technology proficiency that uses scenario-based tasks to
measure both cognitive and technical skills. The assessment provides
support for institutional ICT literacy initiatives, guides curricula
innovations, informs articulation and progress standings, and assesses
individual student proficiency."

The ETC intends to look at the results to help shape their Technology
Across the Curriculum proposal.

Janet Potter
Associate Provost for Library & Information Services
SUNY College at Oneonta
Oneonta, N.Y.     13820