TB-L Archives

May 2008

From:
Achim Koedermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2008 17:29:04 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

just in case you did not know it: Janet did lobby for TRUE teaching values in Albany for us all semester. On campuis, I believe we need to internationalize the curriculum, as she suggested: Greening is one topic, but without international component, our students are simply not able to get the education for tomorrow we need. Janet and Paul (Conway) have for years argued for this, we need to make place for it in the next presidential agenda.

Best

Achim

Jim,
Your suggestion of a topic is great.  Can you get some data about how many
international students we have on campus?
Can the list send in ideas about how we're already internationalizing the
curriculum (for example, my classes consider music and art forms from around
the world, as well as international business practices and intellectual
property law).  I suspect that many teachers include international issues in
their classes.  It would be interesting to hear about those curricula.
Thanks
Janet

Dr. J. Nepkie
Professor of Music