TB-L Archives

November 2010

Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:21:14 -0500
I have certainly allowed students to record my classes.  Students with disabilities or international students or others who request permission to record my classes usually receive that permission.  I simply require that my permission be given in a dated writing.
In future semesters, I'll probably add a statement saying that the purpose of the recordings will be to help the student prepare for class and examinations and that the recordings must all be destroyed after the final exam or quiz has been taken. Further, no additional copies may be made.
Since I teach intellectual property concepts in all my classes, students are not surprised by my interest in this topic.  When I remember to do so, I often include a copyright notice on documents I distribute or display for class.
Janet

J. Nepkie, Ph.D.
SUNY Distinguished Service Professor
Professor of Music and Music Industry
Music Department
State University of New York College at Oneonta
Oneonta, New York 13820
v. 607 436 3425
f. 607 436 2718