TB-L Archives

December 2010

From:
"Koeddermann, Achim ([log in to unmask])" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 2010 22:24:14 -0500
Dear Jim
how could I resist to agree?

Fame, as the "new" criterion of old, outdates fast. So does tech knowledge. Te "skills" to acquire new knowledge do not.
We cannot know what awaits them in this brave new world, but: it will be different, and we cannot teach them with out experience in mind. So I think we need to teach them to think for themselves. My finals, on Wikileaks, will teach me what to teach next semester. I take our students are brighter than we think, and I take their advise seriously.
Achim