TB-L Archives

January 2011

From:
"Fleisher, P. Jay ([log in to unmask])" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2011 08:45:56 -0500
Academia is certainly the right place for esoteric discussions related to all aspects of our college/university culture and values, but being somewhat of a pragmatist, I think discussions centered on issues that our new faculty grapple with, and those dealing with lingering problems, would be most useful and would attract greater participation - faculty and administrators.   How to integrate a career in academia with real-life issues also rings a chord with me – where is the realistic balance (at least here at Oneonta) and how do can it be reached?
Jay