TB-L Archives

January 2011

Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2011 08:07:32 -0500
Hello, all,
Having followed the interesting discussions that have ensued since my query
a few days ago about possible relationships between promotion, tenure and
qualifications for the Chancellor's Awards, please let me explain that my
original question was NOT the result of any question about the awards
themselves.

I asked the question simply because I have recently been asked to chair the
University Faculty Senate Programs and Awards committee, and I'm trying to
ascertain whether there is, or might be, any relationship at all between
local criteria for promotion and tenure and university-wide criteria for
Chancellor's Awards and the Distinguished rank.  Some on the P&A  committee
have postulated that we might be helpful in offering some sort of mentoring,
or at least, a look at how local guidelines may or may not relate to the
Awards and Distinguished rank.
I hope to speak with local committees and administrators to gather
additional information about our own processes.
Perhaps our Teaching Breakfast will have some ideas that may be helpful,
too.

Thanks,
Janet
Dr. J. Nepkie