TB-L Archives

April 2012

From:
"Nepkie, Janet" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2012 08:28:47 -0400
Jim,
As you know, I've already given a lot of thought during many years about
what role technology should play in the Music and Music Industry majors.
The question of curriculum content is affected by the availability of
qualified staff.  You and your colleagues have always been very generous
with your time in offered extra instruction, and recently, I had a very
positive discussion with Deb Farro-Lynd about subjects taught in CSCI 100.
The article I sent you seemed to wander around about various course goals
of what it called "Computer Science."
The course outline you sent is interesting.  Naturally, I'd like to see a
course that deals specifically with the needs of our Music and Music
Industry majors.
You asked what such a course would look like for my majors.  If I write
the course outline, will you staff it???
Thanks very much.
Janet

Dr. J. Nepkie

NEW EMAIL ADDRESS