TB-L Archives

March 2014

From:
"Maples, Chuck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2014 23:54:59 +0000
As an undergraduate, I had a roommate who never woke up when his alarm rang.

Unfortunately, his alarm always woke me up, and then had to wake him up so that he could turn his alarm off and I could go back to sleep.

 I even bought him a louder alarm clock--to no avail.

So I can easily understand why someone might just reach over and turn off a roommate's alarm.

On the other hand, I'm somewhat puzzled by the anachronism of the "alarm clock" in any current student's story, since I'm sure 90%  or more of our students use their cell phones to wake them up.  They don't even own watches.