HI, Jim
This is very interesting information.  Thanks for having shared it.
Janet
P.S.  I've buzzed through TurnItIn.com's site and can't find the place where they say that their capturing and using student work is a Fair Use.  Do they still have that information displayed? If you like, I can query whatshername (Karen Silk?) directly.  Do you hav he email address?
Thanks