Our first TB is Feb. 12 at 8 AM in Morris Hall.  At it I would like to discuss "team learning" and a  problem I have always had when using it.  That is, how do I deal with the Hitchhikers or Couch Potatoes when I put my students into groups or teams.  A recent pro/con set of articles was sent to a list I am on on this issue.. so I provided them as a starting point for discussion.

I would like to hear from people on:

        Do you put students into groups or teams?
        How? (Self select, etc)
        Does it work?
        Do the assess each others work?  What are issues with this?
        Pros/Cons on this from your perspective.
        How do you deal with those that go along for the ride or don't carry their share?