Jim,
Unrelated to Teaching breakfast, here is the list of items you reeled off that you might (could) discuss with my Geomorph class next Monday (11/3/03) at 9 am in TLTC.
Feel free to add or delete as you see fit, and if you need a second hour, tell the class to report again on Wednesday at 9.
Many thanks.
Jay

image file format
software options
ARC view
Surfer
Earthview
Page maker

I would also suggest Excel, Photoshop, Photo  , and PowerPoint.