RE: class scheduling

Hello, TBers
The comments from Geoff are particularly helpful because they reflect student needs regarding scheduling.
It seems to me that the bottom line for scheduling should be whether a college is meeting the needs of its students.  At SUNY Oneonta, we have significantly raised the "selectivity" numbers of entering freshmen in recent years and we are turning away more students than we accept.  While we have many areas where we need to improve, it's also a fact that much of what we're doing is demonstrably better than it has been in previous years.  It's possible, therefore, that our current system of scheduling is one of the positive aspects of our campus.

Does anyone know which of our College Senate committees might be charged with looking at college schedules as a factor in academic achievement?

Thanks
Janet

Dr. Janet Nepkie
Professor of Music and Music Industry