TBers,

Over the years I have been asked many times what are good color
schemes to use in PowerPoint presentations.   I recently found a nice
tool on the Internet, based on research in the field of cartography,
that creates nice color schemes for you.  See

http://www.personal.psu.edu/cab38/ColorBrewer/ColorBrewer_intro.html

This tool is based on the idea that color combinations can be
sequential, diverging or qualitative.  What is nice about this tool
is it will give you the RGB or hex values of the colors so you can
plug them into PowerPoint as needed.  You can also use the PowerPoint
tool of "picking a color" with the eyedropper and grab the color
right from this web site.