TB Colleagues -

I finally got a response from the Provost's office regarding college policy.

Yes; adjunct/part time faculty must conduct office hours for each class they teach,

presumably I hour per week for each 3 credit course.

And Janet, the ethical questions that come to my mind relate to faculty who accumulate as many exam copies as they can with the purpose of reselling them to "bookbuyers".

(But if I was an impoverished adjunct would I do just that?!) And faculty who abuse the opportunities to invite academic friends to visit, solicit invitations,and give presentations (with travel and stipends provided by their institutions).

I can't resist mentioning Peter Lodge the author who satirizes American and British academics in three novels -- Changing Places, Small World and Nice Work. He was apparently inspired by Malcolm Bradbury -- a colleague at Birmingham and the author of Eating People Is Wrong. It has been a while since I read some of these and their reviews

But I vividly remember they made me laugh out loud.

Paul

Paul Conway
Professor of Political Science
SUNY College at Oneonta