TBers,

A recent article in the New York Times grinds at the grade inflation issue in higher education again. See:

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/19/want-a-higher-g-p-a-go-to-a-private-college/?ref=education

More comprehensive data and analysis can be found at:

http://www.gradeinflation.com/

Attached to this email is a spreadsheet I put together of our college’s grade data from spring 1990 until fall 2009.   I got this data off our college’s web site at:

http://www.oneonta.edu/stats

The spreadsheet has only “college wide” numbers, but you can also see figures by department by visiting this site.  Also, data from the early 90’s has to be viewed remembering that we didn’t have plus/minus grading back then.

If you have questions about the data in this spreadsheet please let me know.  If there is data missing you would like, I might be able to get it for you.   Much thanks to Steve Johnson for making this data available on the web site in a form so easy to access.

blog: The 32nd Square at http://32ndsquare.blogspot.com
wiki: The 32nd Square at http://32ndsquare.wikidot.com
email: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
phone: 607-436-2701
fax:   607-436-3677
IM:  oneontatltc

P Think before you print! Please consider the environment before printing this email