Steve and Jay,

  I believe virtual spaces and augmented reality will dramatically change education over the next 10-15 years.  How quickly we can develop virtual spaces that mimic real spaces is anyone's guess.  To glimpse into this future, I should show off a project I am part of that is building a Hospital in a virtual space to be used by Nursing and Pre-med students throughout SUNY.  It is remarkable, even to me!

If you want to know more do a quick read on Ray Kurzweil's idea of Singularity and/or Moore's Law.  I believe these concepts are more than just academic curiosities.  I believe they are very real.  Something to think about: Today's computers are as different from the first computers ever made as tomorrow's computers will be from today's.

The frightening thing about the movie The Matrix was just how possible it is..... Someday

Jim G.