TBers,

Some colleagues at the University of Central Florida are offering open/free enrollment to an open online course called BlendKit 2011. The free online course is focused on the topic of blended/hybrid learning and  will run from July 11 - August 15th, 2011.  If you are interested, please see the informational link below, as well as the registration link.

email: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
phone: 607-436-2701
fax:   607-436-3677

P Think before you print! Please consider the environment before printing this email

We are launching a MOOC – a “massive, open, online course” – on the topic of “Online Learning Today… and Tomorrow.”  It is free.  It is non-commercial.  It is an open opportunity to collaborate.  It is put together by many of your good friends andcolleagues in online learning who have joined  in collecting resources and in agreeing to serve on live Webinar panel discussions.  You know many of them (see the table below).   It is a great way to "gear-up" for the ET4Online Conference in July and the Annual International Conference on Online Learning in November.

When: Registration is Free and Open now!  The course runs 6/27 – 8/20, 2011
 Resource site is open today: you can see where we are going, the course will evolve
Live Webinar panel discussions every Thursday 2p EDT, 1p CDT, Noon MDT, 11a PDT
 beginning with the first session on June 30

Where: http://sites.google.com/site/edumooc/ is the home/resource site

Discussions for those who register will be hosted by Google Group eduMOOC
Twitter hashtag is #edumooc
Diigo tag is edumooc to share additional resources

Why:     To learn, collaborate and network with interesting and knowledgeable colleagues

Just a few of the panelists are Cable Green (Creative Commons and keynote speaker for the annual November conference in Orlando), Bruce Chaloux (SREB / immediate past president of Sloan-C), Bob Hansen(UPCEA CEO), Karen Swan (UIS / Sloan-C  Fellow and board member), George Siemens (Father of Connectivism and co-originator of MOOC), Curt Bonk (IU, author of “The World is Open” and recent keynote speaker at the ALN conference), Larry Ragan (co-founder of the PSU/Sloan-C Institute for Emerging Leaders in Online Learning), Karen Vignare (co-director of the ETO4 conference), Alexandra Pickett (the heart of the SUNY Learning Network), Tektrekker Bethany Bovard, and so many more… the current list is below, but we will be adding to the panels as we go along !

Join us in building resources; discussing today and the future of online learning.  Sign up today.  It’s totally free – do as much or as little as you choose – no advertising – just collaboration, communication and networking with our good colleagues in online learning.

http://sites.google.com/site/edumooc/

I’ll “see” you there as together we experiment with the MOOC approach to open online learning.

-Ray Schroeder

Prof Emeritus, University of Illinois Springfield http://sites.google.com/site/rayschroeder

Dir, Center for Online Learning, Research and Service http://colrs.uis.edu

eduMOOC Schedule - Check often for additional panelists

Week

Topic

Thursday Panelists

June 27

Online Learning Today

Ray Schroeder (UIS) Moderator
Bruce Chaloux (SREB)
Bob Hansen (UPCEA)
Witt Salley (MoDLA)

July 4

Online Learning Research

Karen Swan (UIS) Moderator
Phil Ice (APUS)
Ben Arbaugh (UWOSH)

July 11

Online Learning Technologies

Michael Cheney (UIS) Moderator
Alexandra Pickett (SUNY)
Bethany Bovard (NMSU)

July 18

Online Learning Apps and Mobile Learning

Glenda Morgan (UIUC) Moderator

July 25

Public, Private & Open - Learning

Ray Schroeder (UIS) Moderator
Cable Green (Creative Commons)
Larry Ragan (PSU World Campus)

August 1

Personal Learning - Informal Learning

Shari McCurdy Smith (UIS) Moderator
George Siemens (Athabasca)
Jason Rhode (NIU)

August 8

Collaboratives & Collectives in the Clouds

Shari McCurdy Smith (UIS) Moderator
Karen Vignare (MSU)
Linda C. Smith (UIUC)

August 15