I'd be interested in your thoughts about this Alfie Kohn piece that appeared in the Washington Post on Aug. 10th.   Although written mostly about elementary and secondary education, much of it applies, I think, to higher education as well.  It is my attempt to get you thinking about what you are all about to do again in just a few short weeks – teach.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/post/teaching-strategies-that-work-but-for-what/2011/08/10/gIQAw3Yt6I_blog.html

P Think before you print! Please consider the environment before printing this email