From: Teaching Breakfast List [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nepkie, Janet ([log in to unmask])
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 9:40 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: First Meeting of TB Group Next Wed. Sept 7

Harry and all,
One question in the article you sent us interested me. That question was:
Does your institution engage in strategic programmatic experimentation?

Is that question asking whether our college includes planned programmatic experimentation in its Strategic Plan?  Or does that question simply mean that there are no serious impediments placed in the path of people who wish to try programmatic experimentation?  And does "programmatic experimentation" refer to experimentation that goes BEYOND what a specific teacher might do in his/her class, and extend to entire programs, curricula or degrees?

As you know, I am interested in considering changes that may lead to demonstrable improvement.  I imagine this goal is shared by others, but perhaps not.  The Teaching Breakfasts have often shown me that I have a lot to learn!!

Thanks
Janet

Dr. J. Nepkie
SUNY Distinguished Service Professor