From: Teaching Breakfast List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Greenberg, Jim
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 2:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: What Are P&T Criteria

Joanne,

Thanks for this list.  I don't see anything in the College Handbook about tenure, just promotion.  Did I miss it?

fax:   607-436-3677

From: "Curran, Joanne" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 13:39:49 -0400
To: Teaching List <[log in to unmask]>

Read the College Handbook re P and T

Talk to someone in their department about procedures

Find a mentor, either all college or within the department or both

Establish a scholarly/creative/research agenda

I recommend to my faculty that they try to publish something about what they are doing since service and teaching requirements are so high.

Meet with other faculty about scholarly work—set goals and timelines.

Joanne Curran, Ph.D.

Associate Dean

Division of Education

205A Fitzelle Hall