From: Teaching Breakfast List [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pence, Harry
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Great Quote!

Dear Friends,
This little piece is worth it if you only read one sentence, an instructor who said:
"As I pointed out to the protesting student, two pigeons had regularly appeared on the window ledge for every class meeting; they did not, however, receive credit, and the student, whose contributions had matched theirs, would not either."  It fits well with some of our discussion from the last teaching breakfast.

The article is at http://www.insidehighered.com/views/2013/02/19/lessons-learned-case-lawsuit-over-c-essay

Harry

P.S. Sorry to overflow your mailboxes.  It has just been a very interesting morning.

Harry E. Pence
SUNY Distinguished Teaching Professor Emeritus
SUNY Oneonta
I know that at least a few of you use Google Docs, which I really love, but here is an interesting story about Oxford blocking Google Docs because of Phishhing attacks.

https://blogs.oucs.ox.ac.uk/oxcert/2013/02/18/google-blocks/

Cordially,
Harry