http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUfLIgnXnE

From: Teaching Breakfast List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Withington, Jennifer
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2014 1:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Student excuses and bad roommates

Colleagues,

If my students are to be believed, then a very large portion of them have roommates who turn off alarms which do not belong to themselves.  Thus facilitating the target student over-sleeping and missing class.

It has to be the #1 excuse for ‘over sleeping’ that I get.

[Whatever happened to grouchily waking the roommate up with much noise and complaining?]

If true, then does  Student/ Resident Life need to sponsor education sessions on personal property issues?

If not true, then why do students feel this is a great (repeatable & reusable) excuse?

Anyone else?

Dr. Jennifer Withington

Asst. Professor of Biology

SUNY Oneonta