TBers,

In different nooks and crannies around SUNY folks are gathering teaching and learning resources and making them available under the Open SUNY umbrella.  Here is a list of some of those that I found useful with a short description (my take).   There is a lot going on in these spaces so if you want to know more about any of these let me know.  Perhaps a TB session on OpenSUNY is in order?

Jim G.

Open SUNY Affordable Learning Solutions resources:

Current site URL: http://teachingcommons.cdl.edu/als_suny/

Site will move to: http://opensunyals.org in the coming weeks - check back soon!

MERLOT Collection:   http://info.merlot.org/merlothelp/index.htm#merlot_collection.htm

A quite amazing collection of learning resources, organized by discipline, peer reviewed and searchable.  If you are looking for content this place is worth a look.

Open Content: http://opencontent.org/definition

A site dedicated to promoting open content in teaching and learning.  Plenty of info here on what that means and why you might be interested.

Creative Commons Licenses:  http://creativecommons.org/licenses/

Where you can learn more about licensing content.

Other OER Repositories:  http://fedsearch.merlot.org/fedsearch/

A place to look for Open Educational Resources around the web.  Even if you don’t use it, a quick look to see what is out there might be worth it.

Open SUNY Textbooks:  http://opensuny.org/omp/index.php/SUNYOpenTextbooks/index

Where you can learn more about SUNY’s Open Textbook initiatives.

Kaleidoscope Project (Lumen Learning):  http://lumenlearning.com/innovative-projects

A grant funded effort to provide open gen ed courses.

TC3 Videos for OER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uRkheB0-CU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVbsZUN20Qk

Tompkins CC efforts in the OER arena.

Open SUNY MOOCs: https://www.coursera.org/suny

The Coursera Open SUNY MOOC initiative is here.  Everything you ever wanted to know about it!!  See the series of Computational Arts courses and their professors that SUNY has lined up to go in this space.

Locating, Creating, Licensing and Utilizing OERs (OER-101)  https://opensuny.coursesites.com/

The title says it all

SUNY Open Educational Resources Group:  http://commons.suny.edu

SUNY has created  an electronic “commons” for efforts in a variety of spaces.  This is a link to this space.  If you want to know more – or get an account let me know.

Join Merlot as Individual Member: http://www.merlot.org/merlot/join.htm

SUNY College at Oneonta Oneonta, New York 13820

fax:   607-436-3677