I once had a student in CHEM 100 who brought a laptop to class and sat in the second row every day. I thought he was diligent. Then one day, the girls who sat in the row behind him came up to me after class to complain that he was using his laptop camera to “spy” on them during class. It was pretty creepy and the end of laptops in that lecture.
-Kelly Gallagher

From: "Christie, Charlene" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 17:36:51 +0000
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: Laptops in Class?

After reading some recent research on the topic, I have started discouraging students from using devices to take notes.
http://www.psychologicalscience.org/index.php/news/releases/take-notes-by-hand-for-better-long-term-comprehension.html

Charlene Christie, Ph.D.
Department Chair and Associate Professor of Psychology

SUNY College at Oneonta
161A Fitzelle Hall
Oneonta, NY 13820

607.436.3226