I will look into getting more coffee/tea coupons. I will let Jim know.

Bill

On Oct 23, 2014, at 4:51 PM, "Greenberg, Jim" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Over the 35 years I've been associated with the Teaching Breakfast we have tried many things to be more accommodating to the schedules of all.  We have had meetings on different days, different times, and different locations.   Most recently we added an extra TB meeting each month on a Thursday so that we would be sensitive to the MWF  - T, Th schedules.  In the past we used to meet at 9 or 10 at different times as well.  These ideas do work in that they bring different people to the group.  They also result in those that are currently attending no longer be able to.

That said, I am certainly open to trying new things.  Thoughts?

Jim Greenberg

From: Teaching Breakfast List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Macaluso, Patrice
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2014 4:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Collectivist Cultures and Educational Approaches : Teaching Breakfast Reminder

Ditto for that, Kelly!

I miss the teaching breakfasts, but I lurk on the email list for it because I hear at least some of the conversation...

Patrice

From: <Gallagher>, Kelly <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:28 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

On suggestion for increasing participation- have occasional meetings at a time other than 8:00am. Those of us who have school-age children and don't live in Oneonta have a hard time making that time slot. I realize it helps remove conflict with class times, but some departments have 8:00am classes and labs, too (Chemistry does). I really miss the TB group, but there's no way I can make it at that time.
-Kelly

Kelly Gallagher
Associate Professor