From: Teaching Breakfast List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nowak, Rhea
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2014 2:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Are Your Assignments "Challenging"?

""Challenging" means an assignment that confusing or random; a frustrating assignment that doesn't make any sense or is inadequately explained.

Wow- Does this mean we have a generation of students that think something that is difficult is bad? A question that requires they ask questions to clarify is bad? And something where they can come up with the answer right away is good?

If I am reading this correctly this is something to be concerned about.

Best,

Rhea

Rhea Nowak

Associate Professor of Art