Theatre is on the grade school students' tour.

We've been doing this for years. Who knew we were ahead of the curve?

Patrice

From: <Gallagher>, Kelly <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Thursday, February 5, 2015 3:40 PM
To: Teaching Breakfast List <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: NYT Article on 1st Graders and College Readiness

We already do. The CFES program (College for Every Student) has been visiting the campus for years. I don't know if the Oneonta school district participates in CFES, but most of the other local districts do. The college visits begin with 7 graders. They usually visit the TV station and the planetarium when they come to our campus; I don't know which other departments participate. The Clark Foundation in Cooperstown supports the program.

Kelly Ryan Gallagher
Associate Professor
Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry
SUNY- College at Oneonta