​Dear Ladies and Gentlemen:

I hope that this note finds you well.

I am writing in regards to the Atlantic monthly article that Jim sent us a link to. I have been in contact with one of the co-authors (Jon Haidt) and he asked if I have had any experiences with "trigger-warnings" or other similar mechanisms discussed in the article. Has anyone utilized such mechanisms in teaching, or heard of colleagues who have? It would be interesting to attempt to ascertain if what the article discussed is a growing trend, or perhaps is better conceptualized as a few well-publicized events.

Thanks for your time and attention in this matter.

Respectfully submitted,

Brian

Brian M. Lowe
Associate Professor of Sociology
Department of Sociology
14 E Schumacher Hall
State University of New York College at Oneonta
Oneonta, New York 13820-4015
(607) 436-3046