Hi All,

SUNY Geneseo’s faculty have a number of projects going this semester in the Digital Humanities (see list below).   If you would like to know more about any of these projects with an eye toward collaborating or doing something similar here let me know?

Jim Greenberg

From: Kirk M. Anne [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2015 9:28 AM
To: Greenberg, Jim <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: FW: Digital Humanities Startup at SUNY Oneonta

Hello All!
To help get the ball rolling, here are some of the projects we have going on this semester with faculty and students:

  *   Analyzing the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement (Math/Political Science)
  *   Looking at interconnections among IMDB's Top 250 movies (English)
  *   Mining over 600 doctor-patient conversations for various topics (Anthropology)
  *   Mapping out events and life from a local farmer's journal spanning 70 years (English/History/Geography)
  *   Mining over 2,000 Lexis-Nexis articles to study Arab-Israeli conflict (Communication/Sociology)
  *   Analyzing Thoreau's journal and drafts of Thoreau's Walden (English)

Kirk

-----

Kirk M. Anne
Research Technologist