TBers,

FYI.

Below is an announcement from the folks at Lancaster U. in the UK.  It is the first fully online Ph.D. program I’m aware of.

Jim G.

From: kathryn.doherty [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2016 8:47 AM
To: POD Network Open Discussion Group <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [POD] Dept of Educational Research, Lancaster University, UK, recuiting to Cohort 4 of Online, P/t PhDs

Good afternoon

We would be very grateful if you could forward this information to any colleagues/contacts that you have who may find either of these programmes of interest.

Many thanks

The Department of Educational Research<http://bit.ly/1SJ93S3> at Lancaster University (in the United Kingdom) has a suite of programmes which includes two unique distance-learning PhD programmes in:

  *   Higher Education Research, Evaluation and Enhancement<http://bit.ly/1L8vRqH>.  Designed for professionals working within higher education institutions around the world;
  *   Education and Social Justice<http://bit.ly/1PBMn5R>.  Designed for professionals world-wide who are working to promote social justice in or through education (in its broadest sense).

Students will complete the part-time programme entirely online, over four to five years.  Participants can study from home whilst in full- or part-time employment and do not need to visit the Lancaster campus, making the programme ideal for international students.

Lancaster boasts one of the best Education Departments within the UK, with internationally renowned researchers/practitioners, and was ranked 10th in the UK and 1st in the North West of England in the Guardian University Guide 2015.

It is easy to apply to join the programmes using the on-line system<http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/how-to-apply-for-postgraduate-study/>, and it may be possible for you to secure funding<http://bit.ly/1S0riQt> for your studies.

Applications are now invited to join the fourth cohort of students who will commence the programme in October 2016.

Thank you

Kathryn Doherty
Departmental Officer

Programme Co-ordinator: PhD in Higher Education: Research, Evaluation and Enhancement

Dept of Educational Research, D48, County South College, Lancaster University, Lancaster, LA1 4YL
•: 01524 593572   š[log in to unmask]   http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/edres/

Follow the Department on Twitter @EdResLancaster<https://twitter.com/EdResLancaster>
Find us on www.facebook.com/EdResLancaster<http://www.facebook.com/EdResLancaster>