Here's a resource that often is included with the information from the Open Syllabus Project.  It's a rubric that was created by the Center for Teaching Excellence of the University of Virginia: http://cte.virginia.edu/resources/syllabus-rubric/

It's focus is on moving from content-focused syllabi to learning-focused syllabi.  The actual rubric guide and scoring sheet are at the top of the page, with links to the syllabi that they use further down on the page.

From: Teaching Breakfast List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Klink, Cynthia
Sent: Monday, February 29, 2016 9:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Big Data and Mining College Curriculum

Well, I have to say that what they are compiling is of very narrow utility - in my view any way. I have never selected class readings based on what is most popular, although it is intetesting to see what others use.  When I go do my own "syllabi crawling" on the web when designing or redesigning a course, I look for much more, specifically how the course is taught, what goes on in the classroom,  kinds of work/projects assigned, grading criteria, what level the course is taught at, etc.  I would much rather see a selection of actual syllabi, I learn much more from that than what these folks are doing -  at least so far anyway.

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S(r) 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone