TBers,

The first Teaching Breakfast get together tomorrow morning (Thursday) at 8 am outside Starbucks. Stop into Starbucks, grab a coffee/tea and join us for an interesting conversation.

I found this article about different ways to check your students' understanding of concepts in class: http://www.edutopia.org/discussion/10-fun-filled-formative-assessment-ideas?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

It is a good resource if you are looking for new ways to assess your students.  Please also think about ways that you currently do this, that you might be willing to share with the group.

We will also be talking about beginning of the semester ideas for engaging your students.  ...and any other issues that you'd like to.

I hope everyone had a good summer.  I'm looking forward to catching up as we begin the semester.

As always, feel free to come later if you can't make it at 8.  We are usually there until around 9:30.

Chilton