TBers,

This is a reminder that there is a Teaching Breakfast tomorrow (November 15) from 8 to 9:30am outside Starbucks.  Even if you can’t come right at 8am, come join the conversation.  Hope to see you then!

We have been talking a lot recently at the Teaching Breakfast about getting our students to take more risks in the classroom.  I thought it would be good to have a couple of articles about this to focus on.  Here are two that give some ideas on how to do this:

  1. “How Academic Risk-Taking Dies in the Classroom”
  2. “A Classroom Full of Risk Takers”

Would love to hear your thoughts.  If you have any links to studies on risk-taking in the classroom, please share them!

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow if possible.

Chilton

Chilton Reynolds

Instructional Technology Support

Technology Training Coordinator

COIL Nodal Network Coordinator

Teaching, Learning, and Technology Center (TLTC)

SUNY Oneonta, Oneonta NY 1820

Email: [log in to unmask]

Phone: 607-436-2673