Hello TBers.  Welcome back for another semester!  I hope you had a productive winter break and are enjoying all of the fun weather here at the beginning of the semester.

This is a reminder that there is a Teaching Breakfast tomorrow (February 1) from 8 to 9:30am outside Starbucks.  Even if you can’t come right at 8am, come join the conversation.  Hope to see you then!

Here’s an article from Inside Higher Ed: 10 Key Points About Active Learning that explores some ways to think about active learning in the classroom.  I’d love to hear ways that you engage your students in the classroom around active learning.

Additionally, the TLTC has created a Faculty Lounge area in Blackboard where we can continue some of these conversations.  If you are interested in being added to this space, let me know and I’ll send you instructions.  We are going to create online discussions around each of these topics so that those who can’t be there in person can add their thoughts if they would like.

Hope the start of the semester is going well for you all!

Chilton

Chilton Reynolds

Instructional Technology Support

Technology Training Coordinator

COIL Nodal Network Coordinator

Teaching, Learning, and Technology Center (TLTC)

SUNY Oneonta, Oneonta NY 1820

Email: [log in to unmask]

Phone: 607-436-2673