TBers,
This is a reminder that we have a Teaching Breakfast outside of Starbucks in Hunt Union tomorrow, November 14, from 8 - 9:30am.  Bring your drink or grab something at Starbucks and come on over.  We will keep the conversation going till 9:30 so come any time in there that you can.
Here is an article describing Two-stage Examinations, where the first part is an individual assessment and the second part is a collaborative assessment.  https://teachingcommons.stanford.edu/teaching-talk/turn-exam-learning-experience-two-stage-exams
Turn an exam into a learning experience with two-stage exams | Teaching Commons<https://teachingcommons.stanford.edu/teaching-talk/turn-exam-learning-experience-two-stage-exams>
teachingcommons.stanford.edu
What's a two-stage exam? Here's an explanation from my forthcoming paper, Physics exams that promote collaborative learning, with Georg W. Rieger and Cynthia E. Heiner: The two-stage exam is a relatively simple way to introduce collaborative learning and formative assessment into an exam.

I'd love to hear if anyone is using this type of assessment or have ideas of other creative assessments.
I look forward to seeing you tomorrow if you can make it!

Chilton

Chilton Reynolds
Teaching, Learning, and Technology Center
SUNY Oneonta
Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 607-436-2673