Attached, please find the exit ticket that I use.  Briefly, I expect 2 short paragraphs (2 to 3 sentences per paragraph).  The first is a summary of what was done that day, and the second is a self-assessment starting with a thinking log stem.  The highest grade possible is 7 out of 6.  Doing an action plan for the self assessment is extra credit.

Mark Heilbrunn
Prep Academy for Writers
Queens, NY