As everyone is continuing to work on courses this summer and mostly staying home, the TLTC is continuing the Teaching Breakfast Online through July and August.  We will be using Office 365 Teams for these calls on Thursday mornings for the rest of the summer.  The next Summer TB Online is tomorrow, Thursday, July 23, from 8:30 - 10:00am.  The TLTC is offering a place to come together online to talk about the new modalities you are using to teach and hopefully get a few answers.  If you are free at all during this time, please feel free to join the conversation.   We will be connecting to the TB Online through Office 365 Teams: Join Microsoft Teams Meeting

Over the summer we will explore specific topics around best practices for different teaching modalities.  Our current focus is on creating clear course expectations both through rubrics and through clear communication to your students.

We are now in the 5th week of the TLTC Course Refresh Weekly Challenge.  These activities are built to help faculty focus on specific tasks to work on for your fall courses as we prepare for the possibility of different teaching modalities.  Each challenge is based on the TLTC’s simplified OSCQR (OPEN SUNY Course Quality Rubric) checklist. We hope that as you build your course(s), the checklist is helpful as some of the points are simple and mechanical and some are deeper and get to how a course can be designed and how students are evaluated.

Here is the Week 5 challenge:

Select one assignment that you will be doing in the fall that you would like to add a rubric to.  Create the rubric for that assignment and connect it to the assignment in Blackboard.

Supporting Materials:

How-To Materials

I look forward to talking more about your ideas about establishing clear course expectations if you are able to join us.  See you Thursday if you can make it!

Chilton

Chilton Reynolds

TLTC Coordinator

COIL Campus Coordinator

Teaching, Learning, and Technology Center (TLTC)

SUNY Oneonta, Oneonta NY 13820

Email: [log in to unmask]

Phone: 607-436-2673