Hello all!

I hope you are all well and staying sane in these extraordinary times.  In an effort to have some consistency and normalcy (at least a little bit!) the TLTC and Faculty Center are holding a couple of activities over the next couple of days.  There is an Open Access Panel today, Wednesday, and we will continue with our Teaching Breakfasts Online on Thursday morning as a place to come together online to talk about the new modalities you are using to teach and hopefully share and get a few answers.  Each Thursday we will meet online in our Teaching Breakfast Teams space from 8:30-10:00am.  If you are free at all during this time, please feel free to join the conversation.

Open Educational Panel

Wednesday, October 21, 3:00-4:00pm

Join us from 3:00-4:00pm today, Wednesday, October 21, for a virtual discussion panel to hear stories about how SUNY Oneonta students and instructors are using open access (OA) to diversify their readership, open educational materials (OER) to lower costs and barriers for students, and open pedagogy to invite students into the creation process. Bring your questions for a Q&A with the panelists at the end. This event is co-hosted by SUNY Oneonta's James M. Milne Library; Faculty Center; and Teaching, Learning & Technology Center (TLTC) as part of international Open Access Week. The theme of international OA Week this year is "Open with Purpose: Taking Action to Build Structural Equity and Inclusion." All are welcome.

Teaching Breakfast Online

Teaching Breakfast Online is tomorrow, Thursday, October 22, from 8:30 - 10:00am.   We will be connecting here: Join the Teaching Breakfast Online Teams Meeting

Throughout the semester we will explore specific topics around online teaching and other teaching modalities.  This week our topic is: "Equity Through Teaching Materials"  This week’s topic is focusing on Open Access to bring awareness about what it is and why it can be important for student success and inclusion.

In light of the switch to fully remote teaching and the need for our students to be able to access their course materials, here are a couple of reading about equity and open access:

We look forward to talking more about your experiences and ways you are exploring engaging with your studentsLook forward to seeing you Wednesday and/or Thursday if you can make it!

Chilton

Chilton Reynolds

TLTC Interim Coordinator

COIL Campus Coordinator

Teaching, Learning, and Technology Center (TLTC)

SUNY Oneonta, Oneonta NY 13820

Email: [log in to unmask]

Phone: 607-436-2673