TB-L Archives

September 2012

From:
"Greenberg, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2012 08:09:22 -0400
TBers,

I'd like to hijack the next TB meeting (Sept. 19, 8 am outside Starbucks) to talk about Learning Analytics.  To focus our discussion, I'm particularly interested in identifying what data we don't have now that faculty think could really help them improve teaching, learning, or dare I say, assessment.   I'd also be interested to hear from faculty what concerns/fears they may have about the expanding role of pattern recognition in big data sets by higher education.

There are dozens of references I could post about this issue, but a quick Google search on "Learning Analytics" will get you to the issue.   Hope to see you on Sept. 19th.

Thanks.
[cid:880EC730-CA58-47E3-963F-8865DF0BD9C4]
SUNY College at Oneonta Oneonta, New York 13820