TB-L Archives

September 2014

From:
Sven Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2014 17:47:32 -0400
This is going to be a much bigger problem this semester with the
Thanksgiving break not being the full week. Many students will make it one.
I can't make them stick around, but I can give extra credit to those that
do. When other faculty cave and give students another option, it only makes
it harder for the rest of us. Almost every time a student asks to leave
early, the sentence begins with "My other teachers". Now whether that is
true, I don't know. If class is scheduled for a day, they should work
around it, even if it means leaving the next day. If every hour were so
precious to the family agenda, someone could come to campus to pick them
up. Sorry, I'm just a mean spirited person but it is a lot easier to
enforce a rule that is clear and finite, rather than one that is vague. The
school has a rule, we should follow it.

Sven