TB-L Archives

April 2014

From:
"Bauer, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:40:06 +0000
Regarding part of the discussion we had this morning about assessment, here are a couple links about how Sarah Lawrence College handles it. I heard the audio story at the bottom first and interviews a professor and a student, but the article below has more detail on the actual process.

Inside Higher Education article,

http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2014/02/12/sarah-lawrence-creates-its-own-assessment-tool-bypassing-standardized-tests#sthash.N5edpAXd.xquUz5CJ.dpbs

Audio of Marketplace story on Sarah Lawrence's student assessment,

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/business/education/what-do-students-actually-learn-college

Dr. Paul W. Bauer
Assistant Professor of Economics
SUNY Oneonta