TB-L Archives

October 2015

From:
"Griswold, Kim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 2015 14:36:22 +0000
Excellent article, Bill. I intend to read the original research article to learn more details. Another support for the benefit of testing for learning is the NPR podcast The Science of Smart: http://www.americanradioworks.org/documentaries/the-science-of-smart/ (scroll down for transcripts for those who prefer to read instead of listen). The second segment discusses why testing is an efficient way to learn Many of my students in my college learning strategies classes have reduced their test anxiety and improved their exam grades simply by understanding the value of testing as a study technique. I encourage my students to use the free app, Quizlet.com, to submit information and have randomized multi-format practice tests created for them.

Kim E. Griswold

Center for Academic Development and Enrichment

224 Alumni Hall

S.U.N.Y. Oneonta

Oneonta, N.Y. 13820

607-436-3071