TB-L Archives

November 2010

Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:58:55 -0500
Same problem.

Thank you,

Hanfu

From: Teaching Breakfast List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Greenberg, James ([log in to unmask])
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 10:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: File Opening Errors from Recent TB Post

TB

Sorry to fill this list with emails about a technical problem.  For those of you unable to open the recent PDF file attached to a Teaching Breakfast post, try accessing the file at the URL below:

[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">https:[log in to unmask]

The file is a published paper by Dr. Oppenheimer, and Dr. Yauman from Princeton's Dept. of Psychology and Dr. Vaughan from Indiana U. Dept of Psychology on how disfluency - the metacognitive experience of difficulty associate with a cognitive task - engenders deeper processing.

I found the study relevant to me because so much of what I do is create electronic content that students read.  If what this paper claims is valid, little things I can do when creating content can make a difference in student's learning.

blog: The 32nd Square at http://32ndsquare.blogspot.com
wiki: The 32nd Square at http://32ndsquare.wikidot.com
IM:  oneontatltc

P Think before you print! Please consider the environment before printing this email