TB-L Archives

August 2018

From:
"French, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 00:35:53 +0000
thanks, Jim.

i hope to read this one. i have been stymied by cheating issues, so this should relate, thatwise.

one problem is i can’t stand being a policeman.

On Aug 25, 2018, at 2:58 PM, Greenberg, Jim <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

TBers,

As the beginning of the semester nears, I couldn’t resist posting this here.  Ignore, enjoy, or be indifferent as you wish.  It kept my attention long enough for me to make it to the end.

A wild muddle<https://aeon.co/essays/have-elite-us-colleges-lost-their-moral-purpose-altogether>

The ethical formation of citizens was once at the heart of the US elite college. Has this moral purpose gone altogether?<https://aeon.co/essays/have-elite-us-colleges-lost-their-moral-purpose-altogether>

By Chad Wellmon<https://aeon.co/users/chad-wellmon>

associate professor of German studies at the University of Virginia.

Jim Greenberg