TB-L Archives

March 2022

From:
"Nowak, Rhea" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2022 16:23:48 +0000
Faculty, staff and students are invited to participate in the Climate Change Reading Group this March and April.

This year's book is The Good Ancestor: A Radical Prescription for Long-Term Thinking by Roman Krznaric.

Instead of focusing on climate change, the book tackles a more foundational issue:
how do we cultivate a culture that values securing a livable future more than it does short-term gain?

Moderated by Professor Brian Lowe of Sociology and Doug Reilly of the Science Discovery Center, the Reading Group will run face-to-face on March 10, 24, 31, and April 7th from Noon-1pm. Lunch will be served.

All participants get a free copy of the book. Attendance is capped at 22.

Contact Doug Reilly at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to join.

Rhea Nowak (she/her)
Director of the Faculty Center
Professor of Art
SUNY Oneonta
B 258 Milne Library
607-436-3391
310 Fine Art Center
607-436-2827
Ravine Parkway
Oneonta, NY 13820

Science tells us we are not made of particles at all, but patterns of
probabilities of interconnections...